C Large Goods (HGV class 2) Training
Drivers of Large Goods Vehicles (LGVs), must ensure the safety of their driving and the security of their loads. The thorough DVSA category C licence aquisition process, as well as driver CPC are part of the government's policy of continual development. LGV operators must assess their vehicles, loads, processes and drivers as a part of their H&S duties and O-licence requirements.
Beyond Driving provide category C LGV driver assessment services for interview and the Management of Occupational Road Risk (MORR), as well as category C licence aquisition and CPC courses for drivers of rigid LGVs.
Working with employers, we will often provide training in the workplace, aimed at reducing maintenance, fuel and insurance costs. Responding to your risk assessment (through vehicle tracking and driver records), we are able to run both classroom and in-vehicle training courses.
LGV category C (HGV Class 2) Driver Assessment and Training
Driver interview assessments can reduce liability and give you peace of mind when employing new drivers, while on-road assessments and remedial training will help to ensure that your drivers understand the standards you want them to maintain. All of our trainers are experienced drivers themselves, with extensive knowledge of the vehicles.
- Duration: For interview purposes: 50 minutes. Assessment and remedial training: 1 hour - 1 day dependent upon client requirements.
- Venue: From your workplace.
- Trainer: Experienced LGV/HGV driver and instructor
- Benefits: Improvements in fuel consumption, reduced maintenance costs, reduced risk of incidents and collisions, improved company image, staff development.
- Cost: From £400-£600/day, depending upon venue and candidate numbers.
In addition, we provide SAFED for HGVs, and Driver CPC, through our accredited colleagues.
For more information on assessing or training your LGV and HGV drivers, contact us: